– “Hello, I am Kibria and I am using your Internet. There is a problem related your DNS servers. My domain id not resolved properly.”
– “Ok please hold on. Yes I am transferring you to our DNS admin.”
– “Hi I am Haisb, a Senior DNS admin. How can I help you?”
– “One of my domain is not resolving properly. Can you flush your DNS for me.”
– “I am really sorry Sir but I can’t flush DNS right Now. Its now on schedule.”
This kind of problem happened almost regularly with my ISP until I switched to OpenDNS. In here Bangladesh, there are few ISP that can understand this matter. They answer like an Idiot in reply to such situation. I switched to OpenDNS and now all the problem is gone. I am really happy and very much satisfied with their Service.
So what actually OpenDNS is?
OpenDNS is a free service that works for networks of all sizes, from home networks to K-12 schools, SMBs and large enterprises.
Here are just a few reasons millions of people have already made the switch:
- Industry-leading anti-phishing protects everyone on your network from fraudulent phishing scams.
- Award-winning Web content filtering gives you the power to block up to 50 categories of content.
- Detailed statistics empower you to understand your network traffic and spot trends before they become problems.
- Globally distributed network makes Web sites load noticeably faster on your network.
- Anycast routing technology makes your Internet more reliable, freeing you of intermittent outages.
- Browser Shortcuts let your users map a short term to a long URL via the address bar.
- Typo correction auto-corrects the most common typos in top-level domains.
- OpenDNS Guide provides helpful search results when your users try to visit a Web site that isn’t resolving.
How can I use OpenDNS?
What is the Nameserver?
Nameservers are 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.